- Full range of premium quality Arlon TC350
- Hergestellt durch fortschrittliche Technologie
- Arlon TC350 manufactured with professional quality
- Competitive price and affordable rates
What is Arlon TC350?
Arlon TC350 is a woven glass fiber reinforced, ceramic filled, PTFE based composite used as a PCB substrate. TC350 has excellent dielectric constant stability with a low Z-directional CTE matched to copper, a feature that provides excellent plated through-hole reliability.
Provides enhanced heat transfer through superior thermal conductivity while reducing dielectric and insertion loss values, lower losses can lead to higher amplifier and antenna efficiencies. TC350’s increased thermal conductivity and provides higher power handling capability, reduced hot spots and improved device reliability.
How Does Arlon TC 350 Compare to Arlon 85n?
Both Arlon TC 350 and Arlon 85n materials are fabricated using PTFT-based composites filled with ceramic and reinforced with woven glass fibers. A comparison between the two laminates is outlined below：
TC350 material has a very low loss tangent, excellent dimensional stability, low coefficient of thermal expansion in the Z-axis, easy and fast drilling, low cost, and very high peel strength of the material.
Arlon 85 is used in temperature resistant applications, has excellent thermal properties, excellent mechanical and electrical properties, the transition temperature of polyamide materials is greater than 250℃.
What factors you consider when selecting about Arlon TC350?
When we are producing printed circuit boards for customer, we will ensure the good quality of boardswith quickly lead time, and we need to consider the following factors when selecting Arlon TC350 materials:
Dielectric Constant and Loss Tangent
Thermal decomposition temperature (Tg)
Expansion in Z direction
Green laminates and prepregs
Copper Anode Filament (CAF) Resistor
Venture is one of the world-leading manufacturers of Arlon TC350. We have manufactured Arlon TC350 with a very low loss tangent. This makes our Arlon TC350 able to offer higher antenna or amplifier efficiency. Aside from that, our Arlon TC350 is designed with high-peel strength for a reliable adhesion of copper, especially in a thermally stressed application.
Your Leading Arlon TC350 Supplier in China
Venture offers top-quality Arlon TC350 that is an improved thermal conductivity. It is also a ceramic filled woven fiberglass/PTFE laminate mainly used for any microwave PCBs.
Our Arlon TC35 offers an optimized heat-transfer through the Best-in-class thermal conductivity. It reduces the insertion loss and dielectric loss. Lower losses of our Arlon TC350 offers higher antenna and amplifier gains or efficiencies.
Since our Arlon TC350 is manufactured with increased thermal conductivity, it can enhance device reliability, reduces hot-spots, and provides higher power handling.
We manufacture Arlon TC350 with thermal vias or heat sinks. This design provides an enhanced heat transfer in a primary thermal path. Because of this, our Arlon TC350 can reduce the junction temperatures and can prolong the active components’ life.
Aside from that, our Arlon TC350 is designed with clip-matching thermal expansion and lower operating temperatures. These make our Arlon TC350 to provide an excellent reliability for a component attachment that is prone to joint failure, solder softening, and solder fatigue.
Our Arlon TC350 is equipped with more optimized features. Thus, you can assure that our Arlon TC350 can give you the following benefits:
- Large panel sizes for any multiple circuit layout for a lowered processing cost
- Heat dissipation and management
- Improved reliability and processing
Venture Arlon TC350 can be used in applications like couplers, filters, and power amplifiers. This is also suitable for tower-mounted boosters and tower mounted amplifiers. Our Arlon TC350 is also perfect for thermally cycled antennas sensitive to dielectric drift, power dividers, and microwave combiners.
If you are looking for a top-quality Arlon TC350 that will suit your PCB requirements, Venture can be your best supplier!
We have been the most trusted manufacturer of Arlon TC350 in China for more than 10 years. More customers rely on Venture because of our excellent services!
To support you, we offer Arlon TC350 along with the most reasonable cost and flexible payment terms. We also don’t have a minimum order required for every Arlon TC350. Whether you want a bulk or single quantity Arlon TC350 order, you are always welcome at Venture!
We also have a customer service team that provide 24/7 live sales and tech support. We can assure that you can have the best buying experience you never had before!
Contact us now for your next Arlon TC350 orders!
Arlon TC350: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
This guide covers everything you need to know about Arlon TC350 material such as benefits, components, properties, features and fabrication process, just to mention a few.
Lesen Sie weiter, um mehr zu erfahren.
- What Are the Features of Arlon TC350?
- What Are the Benefits of Using Arlon TC350 Material for Constructing Your PCB?
- What Are the Typical Properties or Specifications of Arlon TC 350 Material?
- What Is the Availability Status of Arlon TC 350?
- Where Can You Use Arlon TC 350?
- What Are the Components of Arlon TC 350 Material?
- What Is IPC TM-650?
- Why Does Arlon TC 350 Have Enhanced Thermal Conductivity?
- How Does Arlon TC 350 Compare to Arlon TC 600?
- How Should You Fabricate Arlon TC 350 Material?
- What Precaution Should You Undertake While Working with Arlon TC 350 Material?
- How Much Can Arlon TC 350 Cost?
- How Long Can Arlon TC 350 Last?
- Can You Use Arlon TC 350 to Make a High-Frequency PCB?
- How Can You Enhance the Registration of Arlon TC 350?
- Why Should You Prefer Arlon TC 350 for Tower Top Electronics?
- Can You Use a Metal Core in Arlon TC 350 PCB?
- What Are the Coefficient of Thermal Expansion of Materials used to Construct Arlon TC 350 PCB?
- What Is Prepreg Flow? And How Does It Affect the Efficiency of Arlon TC 350 PCB?
- What Critical Process Parameters Should You Be Concerned Off When Fabricating Arlon TC 350?
What Are the Features of Arlon TC350?
Arlon TC 350 material is a PCB substrate fabricated using PTFT based composite filled with ceramics and reinforced using woven fiberglass.
The material possesses the following key features:
- Thermal conductivity of TC350 is classified as ‘best in class’ because of its enhanced heat transfer properties.
- Dielectric constant is very stable over a wide range of temperatures.
- Material has extremely low loss tangent, making it suitable for use fabrication of efficient antenna and higher amplifiers.
- Prices are friendly for use in commercial applications.
- Material of construction allows for easy and faster drilling compared to standard and traditional laminates.
- Material’s peel strength is very high, making the material ideal for copper adhesion for applications operating under thermal stress.
- Has very low insertion loss
- Ausgezeichnete Dimensionsstabilität
- Low Z-axis coefficient of thermal expansion.
What Are the Benefits of Using Arlon TC350 Material for Constructing Your PCB?
Arlon TC350 material is a high-quality and hochfrequentes Material.
It will provide you with a reliable and quality PCB, ideal for use over a wide range of demanding applications.
Below are some of the specific advantages of using Arlon TC 350 substrate.
- Heat management and dissipation is excellent
- Enhanced product reliability and processing
- Excellent and unmatched reliable plated through holes.
- Manufactured in large panel sizes ideal for fabrication PCBs with multi-circuit layouts. Multi-circuit fabrication on large panels will help you lower the processing cost per unit production.
- Lowered junction temperature
- Lowered hot-spots and increased power handling capabilities
- Extended life of active components
- Excellent component attachment reliability
- Suitable for use in impedance and phase-sensitive applications.
- Less sensitive to vibration stress thus not easy to crack
What Are the Typical Properties or Specifications of Arlon TC 350 Material?
Arlon TC350 substrate has the following typical properties, which makes it ideal for use in higher microwave and RF frequencies.
- The dissipation factor at 10 GHz and 1.8GHz are 0.0020 and 0.0018, respectively.
- The material’s dielectric constant is 3.5 at 10GHz.
- The Er thermal coefficient between -50°C and +140°C is -9.
- The material has a density of 2.3 g/cm3 bei 23 ° C.
- It has low water absorption of 0.05
- Arlon TC350 has one of the lowest CTE along X, Y, and Z direction of 7, 7 and 23 ppm/°C, respectively. The specifications hold when the temperature range between 0°C and 100°C.
- It meets the requirements for UL 94-V0 flammability certification.
- Arlon TC350 material has a high peel strength of 7 lbs per inch after thermal stress.
- The thermal conductivity is 1.0 W/mk at 50°C and both 25 and 432 psi.
What Is the Availability Status of Arlon TC 350?
Arlon TC350 material comes in both standard and custom cut sizing and components.
Ensure that you specify the material’s panel size, thickness, cladding and other special considerations when ordering TC350 products.
Some of the standard panel sizes available include 16” X 18”, 12” x 18” and 18” X 24”.
Arlon TC350 laminate also comes with either half, 1 or 2 once of electrodeposited copper on either or both sides.
You can also get rolled copper foils and copper weights.
Arlon TC350 substrates have heavy metal ground plane bonding.
You can also use brass, aluminum and copper laminates to enhance the substrate’s mechanical support and provide an integral heat sink.
Where Can You Use Arlon TC 350?
Arlon TC 350 laminate is a superior PCB substrate suitable for use in a wide range of high-frequency applications.
You will use your Arlon TC 350 material to fabricate PCBs ideal for the following applications.
- Power amplifiers, couplers, and filters
- Tower mounted boosters and tower mounted amplifiers.
- Antennas that are thermally cycled demanding stable dielectric constant
- Power divers
- Microwave combiner
- Thermal solutions: This includes; heat conductors and heat storage devices. It also includes thermal insulation, active and liquid cooling systems.
- High-performance communication systems. These include digital communication control systems, power amplifiers, receivers and low noise amplifiers.
- Backhaul radios
What Are the Components of Arlon TC 350 Material?
Arlon TC 350 constitute of the following essential parts:
- PTFT composite
- Ceramic filers
- Fiberglass fabrics
- Silicon chips
What Is IPC TM-650?
IPC TM-650 is a laboratory test manual developed by the Institute of Printed Circuits.
It is a global association for electronic manufacturers, to test different aspects of PCB substrates.
It is a multi-sectioned document that tests for different PCB parameters as outlined below:
- Section 1.0 Reporting and Measurement Analysis Methods
- Section 2.1 Visual Test Methods
- Section 2.2 Dimensional Test Methods
- Section 2.3 Chemical Test Methods
- Section 2.4 Mechanical Test Methods
- Section 2.5 Electrical Test Methods
- Section 2.6 Environmental Test Methods
These sections have subsections that recommended test methods that you should follow to assess different aspects under a specific parameter.
Why Does Arlon TC 350 Have Enhanced Thermal Conductivity?
Arlon TC 350 material has a ‘best in class’ thermal conductivity with superior heat-transfer properties.
The superior thermal conductivity is a consequence of the inclusion of ceramic fillers and fiberglass following a proprietary process.
Consequently, the material also comes with additional desirable properties such as lower CTE and low insertion loss.
How Does Arlon TC 350 Compare to Arlon TC 600?
Both Arlon TC 350 and Arlon TC 600 are fabricated using PTFT based composite filled with ceramics and reinforced with woven fiberglass.
Similarly, they also both possess superior thermal conductivity properties, specific to their types only.
However, Arlon TC 600 has enhanced mechanical robustness to meet the demand of applications requiring laminates with a higher dielectric constant.
The table below outlines some of the properties between the two laminates and how they compare.
|Immobilien||Arlon TC350||Arlon TC600|
|Dielectric constant (10 GHz)||3.5||6.15|
|Dissipation Factor (10 GHz)|
Dissipation Factor (1.8 GHz)
|Thermal Coefficient of Er (ppm/°C)||-9||-75|
|Dichte (g / cm3)||2.30||3.20|
|Thermal Conductivity (W/Mk)|
|1.0||1.1 Z-Direction (thru)|
1.4 X, Y Direction (in-plane)
|Peel Strength (Ibs per inch)||7||8|
|Entzündbarkeit||UL 94-V0 compliant||UL 94-V0 compliant|
|Arc Resistance (Seconds)||240||˃240|
How Should You Fabricate Arlon TC 350 Material?
You can use standard processing techniques for conventional PTFT ceramics laminates to fabricate Arlon TC 350 material.
You should store TC 350 laminate away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry and flat place to prevent material contamination and copper oxidation.
You can use FR-4 prepregs, Arlon’s 6250 or 6700 bonding films to bond Buried Microstrip and Stripline.
Also, you should immediately follow copper etching with direct lamination.
You can improve the laminate’s surface adhesion by applying plasma or sodium etch before bonding.
Besides, you can also enhance the adhesion of the copper surface with micro-etch before bonding.
You should use carbide tools to drill the material and avoid repointed tools for best results.
You can stack panels and drill them together based on their total thickness.
For rigid entry and exit materials, use 0.20” to 0.30” and 0.60” to 0.93”.
The surface speed should vary between 400 to 450 surface feet/meet and the chip load between 0.002 to 0.003 inch/revolution.
The retract rate should be between 500 and 600 inches per minute, and the tool life will significantly vary from 500 to 1000 hits depending on stack height.
You will not need aggressive deburring if drilling is optimized otherwise, apply light circular motions using 600 grit sandpaper.
Ensure that you provide sufficient support to the panel’s backside before initiating the process.
Remove loose debris remaining in the holes by applying high-pressure sprays.
· Vorbereitung des Durchgangslochs
Activate the hole wall resins using either sodium etchants or plasma for optimal coverage with depositions of electroless copper.
You should repeat the plasma process if the hold time exceeds 12 hours.
Also, you should rinse the laminate using organic solvents and hot water following the sodium’s vendor guidelines.
You should avoid mechanical scrubbing of the material to prevent any potential dimensional changes as a result of excess pressure on the copper surface.
Consequently, you will achieve satisfactory results by using standard chemical cleaning techniques.
You can use either electrolytic copper chemistry and direct plate technologies or conventional electroless techniques.
You can remove unwanted copper by using cupric etchants or conventional ammoniacal. Apply sufficient water to rinse it thoroughly.
· Resist Strip
Remove unwanted resist by applying conventional resist strippers.
For best adhesion results, you should apply the solder mask coating within 12 hours after copper etching.
Use sodium or plasma etch to prepare the laminate’s surface and micro-etch to prepare the copper’s surface to achieve improved solder mask adhesion.
· Hot Air Leveling
You should subject TC 350 boards to baking at temperatures between 110°C o 120°C before solder levelling.
For dissipation of any residual moisture, you should rack the boards to achieve sufficient air circulation around the pairs.
· Electroless Gold
Following the processing guidelines of your chemical vendor, ensure that you adequately rinse the material to deliver reliable process yield required for chemical plating.
You can use the commercially available slow spiral, two-flute, micro-grain carbide, up cut end mills.
Before exerting sufficient clamping pressure on the material sack using an outer pressure, ensure that you provide adequate support to the material.
Typically, you should use the following routing parameters for an 0.062” cutting tool.
- 15, 000rpm spindle speed
- Feed rate: 15 inches per minute.
What Precaution Should You Undertake While Working with Arlon TC 350 Material?
You should always follow the safety guidelines information supplied by the product’s manufacturer every time you are working with Arlon TC350 laminate.
Below are some of the precautions you can take to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Provide proper ventilation and wear appropriate work gear to protect yourself against nuisance dust generated from cutting and other finishing operations.
Dust will cause respiratory irritation, eye and skin irritation.
- Avoid processing the material at temperatures beyond decomposition temperature as this will make the laminate release toxic fumes.
Inhalation of the fumes can cause symptoms resembling polymer or metal fume fever characterized by flu-like symptoms.
It should disappear within 24 hours but in case of a severe attack, always seek medical assistance.
- The material will release toxic fumes in case of a fire breakout. The firefighters should be equipped with self-contained breathing air.
- Do not dispose of the wastes or unused components or old Arlon TC 350 in sewer systems, soil or surface water.
Follow the appropriate regulatory guidelines for disposal.
- Store the product in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated place.
- Use a suitable respirator that meets the requirements of NIOSH when working under conditions that may generate heat and noticeable orders/irritation.
- Also, put on complete gear covering the whole body, gloves, and safety glasses.
- Ensure that you have a readily accessible eyewash area and safety showers.
How Much Can Arlon TC 350 Cost?
The price of Arlon TC 350 laminate varies to the panel size, cladding, thickness, and any other special consideration required.
You will also benefit from excellent discounted prices if you purchase in bulk.
The prices can vary from as low as $4 @ piece if you buy a minimum of 100 pieces.
How Long Can Arlon TC 350 Last?
Arlon TC 350 laminate is C-stage by nature and cannot advance further.
Hence, Arlon TC 350 laminate does not have a specified shelf life.
It can last an eternity if stored in a dry, cool, and clean environment.
However, you should always avoid storing laminates for extended periods since they can easily degrade to oxidizing environmental conditions.
In the case of extended storage, check to confirm that copper is not oxidized before using it.
Alternatively, you can use clean the copper using standard pre-cleaning techniques if it is not excessively oxidized.
These techniques will help you achieve the specifications initially stated for the intended use.
Can You Use Arlon TC 350 to Make a High-Frequency PCB?
Yes, Arlon TC 350 is a high-frequency material that offers a low loss and dielectric constant that remains stable across a wide range of temperature and frequency.
Arlon TC 350 PCB laminate offers superior thermal conductivity properties ideal for fabrication of highly reliable high power applications.
How Can You Enhance the Registration of Arlon TC 350?
You can enhance the registration of Arlon TC 350 by considering the tips below:
- Match the board thickness requirements to the most dimensionally stable material.
- Use heavyweight prepregs such as 2116 and 2313 where possible to enhance the stability of the entire system.
- Handle all artwork in a controlled environment, that is, controlled humidity and temperature.
- Ensure that you design the boards with consideration to register them. Do not use excess copper on one edge or the other on the inner layers.
- Use a copper border to prevent distortion through enhanced stability.
- You can use more pins to increase efficiency, especially for boards with solid copper borders.
- Select the lowest lamination temperatures ideal for resin. Using higher temperatures will increase movements in the X-Y plane and increase stress on the board during cooling.
- Subject the boards to below 5°C for cooling to prevent ‘locking in’ of unbalanced stress.
Why Should You Prefer Arlon TC 350 for Tower Top Electronics?
Tower top electronics such as tower mounted electronics, and wireless communication base stations have more complex systems and higher power density.
Consequently, these products require more reliable product designs.
However, such applications always suffer from component failure, especially the failure of power amplifiers, when fabricated using standard PTFT PCB.
Standard PCBs suffer double the failure rate or the mean time between failures (MTBF) is halved for every 10°C increase in operating temperature.
Arlon TC350 PCB laminate is a thermally conductive material that offers an ideal and cost-effective design for the reduction of device temperature.
This substrate can lower the steady-state temperature by approximately 8°C, enough to double the MTBF or cut the potential failure rate by half.
Consequently, superior thermal management offered by Arlon TC 350 PCB substrate will ensure efficient transistor operations and performance.
Can You Use a Metal Core in Arlon TC 350 PCB?
Yes, you can use metal cores in Arlon TC 350 PCB if you want to produce a PCB with very low CTE.
Select metal cores with low CTE to effectively reduce the board’s CTE and redirect heat from sensitive components.
You can use either carbon fiber composite cores of CIC.
However, you should take care when using CIC because further addition of a metal core constrainer in an already reinforced resin can result in excess Z-direction expansion.
To avoid the above problem, you can use aluminum or copper cores with an expansion of 23 ppm/°C and 17 ppm/°C, respectively.
These materials don’t add to extra expansion on the Z-direction.
What Are the Coefficient of Thermal Expansion of Materials used to Construct Arlon TC 350 PCB?
The Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) is the measure of a material expansion when subjected to heat.
Though the material expansion is volumetric, it is undesirable that a laminate or PCB only expands in the Z-direction and not in the X-Y direction.
Using reinforcing fabrics with lower CTE such as glass on Arlon TC 350 material restricts the system’s in-plane expansion.
Compared to other Arlon materials, Arlon TC 350 has a lower CTE value because of the low expansion filler technology used on its fabrication.
Consequently, Arlon TC 350 material has constituent woven fiberglass, ceramic filler, copper foil, and PTFT composite.
The CTE of these materials are as follows:
- Copper foil: 17-18 ppm/°C
- Fiberglass Fabric 5-6 ppm/°C
- Fiberglass Fabric 5-6 ppm/°C
The CTE of the above pure materials will, however, change on a composite.
The composite CTE depends on several factors such as the individual component’s effective modulus in the form used.
Henceforth, you will need to perform actual testing and establish the ‘effective’ composite values and properties for use in modeling.
What Is Prepreg Flow? And How Does It Affect the Efficiency of Arlon TC 350 PCB?
Prepreg is the short form of ‘pre-impregnated.
It refers to fabric reinforcement saturated (impregnated) with epoxy, polyimide or any other partially cured resin during the coating process.
Prepreg flow happens when you heat the prepreg under pressure and cause the resin to melt into a liquid and flow.
The amount of prepreg flow will depend on the intensity of resin heat up and pressure.
Also, the flow can only last a limited period before gelling and is the basic principle behind lamination.
The rate of actual prepreg flow is critical in determining the quality and efficiency of lamination, and it significantly depends on laminating conditions.
The rate and quantity of actual prepreg flow determine fundamental PCB properties such as:
- Interlaminare Bindung
- Bond to the inner layer copper foils
- Laminates bond to ED copper foil used to construct the laminate.
- The efficiency of prepreg as ‘bonding sheet.’
To ensure consistency in the manufacture of quality products, you have to maintain consistent prepreg flow characteristics.
What Critical Process Parameters Should You Be Concerned Off When Fabricating Arlon TC 350?
You should pay close attention to the following five critical processes when fabricating your Arlon TC 350, though they are not laminate-specific. They include:
- Ensure that the processed inner layer and the prepreg are dry before lamination.
- You should maintain a consistent melt flow by controlling the laminating press heat-up rate.
- You should laminate TC350 material at the product’s ideal lamination temperature.
- You should maintain adequate cure time at a temperature sufficient for the development of Tg.
- Control the cooldown to prevent warpage.
With the information in this guide, you can easily choose a suitable Arlon TC 350 material.
In case you have any questions on PCB materials, the Venture Electronics team is here to help – Kontaktieren Sie uns jetzt.